Famous Foods in Chennai
Famous Foods in Chennai, Cuisines in Chennai
Chennai is really famous for its eateries. A wide variety of food options are available here. The non-veg cuisine takes various forms and later the recipe spreads all over.
- First and foremost is the aromatic Filter coffee that wakes you up in the morning.
- Idly, known as the Indian Pancake is the South Indian specialty that one must try for breakfast. Eat idlis, feel light and safe too.
- Masala Dosa is a delicacy to die for. Mouth watering crispy and crunchy dosas. Never miss trying it.
- Vadai and Thayir Vadai. This is a specialty too. Curd vada, with boondi is awesome to taste.
- Sambar rice and Rasam rice is for rice lovers. Both the rice with papad tastes heavenly.
- Meals during the lunchtime. A must try with rice, rasam, sambar, veggies, sweet etc. It fills your mouth and tummy too.
- Molaga Bajji (chilli Bajji), is a perfect snack for the evening. You can get it even at the beach stalls as well.
- Adai Aviyal is delicious stuff to eat anytime. A dish that is made out of a combination of both rice and pulses.
- Ven Pongal is an aromatic breakfast that is so very inviting. The smell of the ghee can never let you say no.
- Fish curry is a for fish lovers. It is a mouth watering delicacy that goes well with rice and chapathi as well.
- Chicken or Onion pakodas make perfect starters.
- Kothu parottas can increase your craving anytime. Mixed with veggies, chicken, egg etc, is so tasty and perfect.