It is bordered by Cuddalore district in the east and south, Salem and Dharmapuri districts in the west and Thiruvannamalai and Kanchipuram districts in the north. The city has some very old and prominent places of worship.
Tourist Attractions in Villupuram District
- Gingee Fort
- Kalvarayan Hills
- Tiruvakarai Fossil Wood park
- Anniyur Ramanatheeswarar temple
- Sendamangalam Abath hayeswarar Temple
- Parikal Narashimar Temple
- Villupuram Anjaneyar temple(Fifty-five feet Anjaneyar statue near the temple tank, which is unique in Villupurum district)
- Sad-at-Ullah Khan Mosque
How to reach Villupuram
Road – The district has well connected roads to major towns. National Highways NH 45, NH 45 A, NH 68 and NH 66 pass through Viluppuram District.
Rail – Villupuram district has railways stations at many places including Villupuram, Tindivanam, Thirukkovilur and Valavannur, that connects to other places.
Air – Chennai International Airport is 147 kilometres away and Puducherry Airport is 43 kilometres away.