Sathanur Dam, Tiruvannamalai
Sathanur Dam, one of the major dams in Tamil Nadu, is located around 30 kilometers from Thiruvannamalai. The dam is constructed across the Pennaiyar or Thenpennai River in Thandrampet Taluk of Tiruvannamalai District.
Image Attribute : Jeganila
More about the Sathanur Dam
- The dam was constructed in the year 1958.
- The dam is 119 feet high, and the water is used primarily for irrigation purposes.
- There is a fish grotto and a crocodile farm near the dam.
- Botanical garden, Children’s Park, mini zoo, flower park and swimming pool add to the attraction of the place.
- The dam and its picturesque surroundings offer a visual treat to the tourists.
How to reach Sathanur dam
Sathanur dam is well connected on the road from Thiruvannamalai. The nearest railways station is at Thiruvannamalai (around 39 kilometres away) and nearest airport is at Chennai (around 203 kilometers away).