It is well known for its exquisite history and culture. The town of Nagapattinam is the district headquarters.
Major Tourist Attractions of the District
Nagapattinam is a prominent pilgrimage and tourist centre. It is famous for the mini museum, the towering lighthouse and the long beautiful beach. Some major places of worship found are :
- Shri Kayahorana Swami Neelayathatchi Amman Temple (Temple of Shiva and his consort)
- Soundararajaperumal Temple (Lord Vishnu Temple)
- Sikkal Singaravelan Temple (Lord Murugan Temple)
- Vedaranyeswarar Temple (Lord Shiva Temple)
- Ettukudi Murugan Temple (Lord Murugan Temple)
- Nagore Durgah
- Velankanni – A Roman Catholic Church
How to reach Nagapattinam
Road – There is direct road connectivity between Nagapattinam and to many towns that include Thirunallar, Kumbakonam, Thanjavur, Trichy, Coimbatore, Erode, Thiruvarur, Puducherry, Chennai, Nagore and Chidambaram. Frequent Tamil Nadu State buses and other buses run through Nagapattinam.
Rail – Nagapattinam has a railway station that connects the place to Chennai, Thanjavur, Trichy, Velankanni, Ernakulam, Bangalore and Mumbai.
Air – Trichy International Airport is the nearest airport, around 150 kilometres away.
To explore more about Nagapattinam Tourism, Please click and check Nagapattinam Tourism page.
Any content change in this Article?