Kunthukal Beach, Pamban, Rameswaram
Kunthukal Beach, Vivekananda Memorial Hall, Pamban, Rameswaram
Kunthukal beach is located in a small fishing village named Kunthukal, which is nearly about 12 km from the Rameswaram. The crystal clear blue sea water with moderate tides makes this beach awesome.
Vivekananda Memorial Hall is located on the shores of Kunthukal Beach near Pamban. The Memorial was built to commemorate the return of Swami Vivekananda (to India on January 26, 1897 after his participation in ‘The Parliament of World Religions’ held in Chicago. Swami Vivekananda or Swamiji was the Indian Hindu monk who was the disciple of Indian mystic Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa.
More about the Vivekanda Memorial Hall
- The Memorial was inaugurated on January 26, 2010. Before the memorial was built, the place had a pillar in remembrance of Swami Vivekananda.
- The memorial houses a 6-foot statue of Swami Vivekananda with Ramanathapuram King Baskara Sethupathi who had sponsored his visit to Chicago.
- The Memorial also has a spiritual library and meditation hall.
- The Memorial is located close to Kunthukal sea beach, around 15 kilometres from Rameswaram bus stop.
How to reach Kunthukal beach
Kunthukal is located at a distance of 12 kilomeTres from Rameswaram. Rameswaram is well connected by road and rail with Chennai, Madurai, Coimbatore, Trichy and other important cities. The nearest airport is at Madurai, 163 kilometres from Rameswaram.
Tourist Attractions near Kunthukal Beach:
- Pamban Bridge
- APJ Abdul Kalam Memorial – Rameswaram
- Ramanathaswamy Temple, Rameswaram
- Agni Theertham Beach