The municipal town of Krishnagiri is the district headquarters. The district is bounded by State of Andhra Pradesh in the north, Dharmapuri District in the south, Vellore and Thiruvannamalai Districts in the east and Karnataka State in the west.
The district is the largest producers of mangoes in India. The place is also famous for granite industry with quarries and processing units spread around the district. One of the most industrialized places in the state, Hosur, is located in Krishnagiri.
Major Tourist Attractions in Krishnagiri District
- Krishnagiri Dam Park (10 kilometres from Krishnagiri town)
- Avathanapatti Lake and Children Park (5 kilometres from Krishnagiri town)
- Kellavarapalli Dam Park (60 kilometres from Krishnagiri)
- Chandra Choodeswarar Temple (52 kilometres from Krishnagiri)
- Krishnagiri Museum
- Aiyur Eco Tourism Park (20 kilometres from Denkanikottai Thaluk in Krishnagiri District)
- Shree Parshwa Padmavathe Shaktipeet Tirth Dham (Jain Temple)
- Kattuveera Anjaneya Temple
How to reach Krishnagiri
Road – National Highways NH 7 (Kanyakumari to Kashmir), NH 46 (Chennai to Bangalore) and NH 66 (Pondicherry to Bangalore) passes through the district. Krishnagiri is well connected to other major cities through regular buses.
Rail – The nearest railway stations are at Hosur (45 kilometres away), Dharmapuri (50 kilometres away) and Jolarpet (40 kilometres away).
Air – The nearest airports are Salem Airport (100 kilometres away) and Bangalore International Airport (90 kilometres away).