The district headquarters is located at Nagercoil. The district is a prominent tourist location with its vast stretches of paddy fields and forests, varied flora and fauna, seashore and valley mountain of the Western Ghats.
Tourist Attractions in Kaniyakumar District
- Padmanabhapuram Palace, Kanyakumari
- Bhagavathi Amman Temple, Kanyakumari
- Guganathaswamy Temple, Kanyakumari
- Vivekananda Mandapam & Thiruvalluvar Statue, Kanyakumari
- Athikesava Perumal Temple, Thiruvattar
- Mandaikadu Bhagavathi Amman Temple, Nagercoil
- Thanumalaiyan Temple, Sucindram (12 kilometers from Kanyakumari)
- Nagaraja Temple, Nagercoil
- Ayya VaikundarTemple, Swamithope (11 kilometers from Kanyakumari)
- Our Lady Ransom Church, Kanyakumari
- St. Xavier Church, Kottar
- Peer Mohammed Dargah, Thuckalay
- Chitharal Jain Cut Temple (45 kilometers from Kanyakumari)
- Mathoor Hanging Bridge
- Thirparappu Waterfalls (55 kilometers from Kanyakumari)
- Kamarajar Mani Mandapam, Kanyakumari
- Mahatma Gandhi Mandapam, Kanyakumari
How to reach Kanyakumari
Road – National Highways NH 44 and NH 66 emanate from Kanyakumari. The place is well connected with all major cities by road.
Rail – The district has railway stations at Kanyakumari and Nagercoil that connects to all major cities.
Air – The nearest airports are Tuticorin Airport (105 kilometers away) and Thiruvananthapuram International Airport (110 kilometers from Kanyakumari).