The place is a lush green developing farming town abundant with agricultural and poultry farms along the river Gomuki that acts as a main source of water for the village. The district has some very famous temples that include Suambu Sree Annamaliyar Temple, Sree Sadaiappa Temple, Lord Venkateshwara Temple and Drowpathi Amman Temple.
Major Tourist Attractions in Kallakurichi District
- Megam Falls (Kalvarayan hills)
- Periyar Falls (Kalvarayan hills)
- Gomukhi Dam (Base of Kalvarayan hills)
- Boating House (Kalvarayan hills)
- Kalvarayan Hills – Valley view spot.
- Thiyagadurugam Hills
- Sirakulur Falls (Kalvarayan hills)
- Sri Arthanareeswarar Temple (Rishivandiyam)
- Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple (Adhi Thiruvarangam)
- Sri Subramanyaswamy Temple (At Pasar hills)
- Lord Siva Temple (Near Pasar hills)
- Sri Chidambareswarar Temple, Kattuedaiyar
- Sri Arthanatheeswarar Temple, Elavanasur or Pidagam
- Aanjaneyar Yemple, Ravuthanallur near Sankarapuram
- Forests & Lakes at Putthirampattu
How to reach Kallakurichi
The city is linked through road to various other cities like Salem, Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Villupuram, Chennai, Bangalore, Erode, Cuddalore and other encompassing towns. Kallakurichi is connected to other major towns by NH 79. The nearest rail head is at Tirukoilur Junction at a distance of 45 kilometres. Salem Airport is at a distance of 126 kilometres from Kallakurichi district.
To explore more about Kallakurichi Tourism, Please click Kallakurichi Tourism page.
Any content change in this Article?