The town is at a distance of 22 kilometres from Pondicherry and 200 kilometers from Chennai. The term Cuddalore means confluence in Tamil, as it is the place of confluence of three rivers – Penniyar, Gedilam and Paravanar.
Tourist Attractions in Cuddalore District
- Chindambaram Natarajar Temple
- Pataleeswarar Temple, Thiruppadiripuliur
- Pichavaram Mangrove Forest, near Chidambaram
- Neyveli Power Plant, Neyveli
- Silver Beach, Devanampattinam
- Bhuvaraha Temple, Srimushnam
- Sri Virudhagireeswarar Temple, Virudhachalam
- Devanathaswami Temple, Thiruvanthipuram
- Veerattaneswarar Temple, Panruti
- Veeranam Lake, Kattumannarkoil
- Wellington Lake, Keezhseruvai Village, Tittakudi Taluk
How to reach Cuddalore
Road – Cuddalore is well connected to other cities in Tamil Nadu. National Highways NH45 and NH45A connects Cuddalore with other districts. NH45A road links Cuddalore to Villupuram and Nagapattinam district, NH45C connects the district with Trichy District. The State Highways running through Cuddalore links parts of the district with nearby urban areas.
Rail – Cuddalore can be reached by train from various cities including Chennai, Madurai and Trichy.
Air – Pondicherry Airport is the nearest to Cuddalore at a distance of 12 kilometres and Chennai International Airport at a distance of 155 kilometres.