Ariyalur is rich with a number of historical locations and temples. The district is bordered by Cuddalore district in the north, Thanjavur district in the south and south east, Trichy in the south west, Nagapattinam in the east and Perambalur in the west. Ariyalur is located at a distance of 65 kilometres from Trichy.
Tourist Attractions in Ariyalur District
- Gangai Konda Cholapuram (Gangaikonda Cholisvarar Temple)
- Melapalavur and Keezhaiyur (Sundaresvarar Temple and Shiva Temple)
- Keelapaluvur (Alanduraiyar Temple – Shiva Temple)
- Thirumazhapadi (Vaidyanatha Swami Temple – Shiva Temple)
- Kamarasavalli (Soundaresvarar Temple – Shiva Temple)
- Govindaputtur (Ganga Jadadisvarar Temple – Shiva Temple)
- Vikkiramangalam (Rajendra Cholisvaram Temple – Shiva Temple)
- Sendurai, Sennivanam and Sripurandan (Shiva Temples)
How to reach Ariyalur
Road – Ariyalur has well connected roads. NH 45 connects Ariyalur to Perambalur (30 kilometres away), NH 226 connects it to Thanjavur (44 kilometres away).
Rail – Ariyalur Railway Station comes under Trichy Railway Division connecting the place with Trichy (around 70 kilometres away) and Chennai (267 kilometres away).
Air – Trichy International Airport is the nearest Airport, 75 kilometres away.